PKS Awareness Day
We would love nothing more than a national PKS Awareness Day each and every December 4th. Starting at the state level is a great way to get there. Below are examples of letters families sent their state governments, as well as some other ways they tried to help raise awareness on PKS Day.
Some things that have been done:
- having yard signs made and placed around town
- placing "Pennies for PKS" cannisters in various places of business
- having a pre-game walk and tailgate at the local high school football game
- having t-shirts made up and selling them to friends and family
YOU can do what works for you and your area!
Minnesota Press Release
Help with awareness letter-MN
2011 PKS Awareness Day was, of course on 12/4 (December 4th). We had official proclamations in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Michigan.
North Dakota declared December 4th-10th as PKS Awareness Week.
Thank you to all who participated in raising awareness via yard signs, purchasing and wearing PKS Awareness t-shirts and buy doing other fundraisers.
If you'd like to help by contacting your state's government to declare the same, please contact us for a letter template.
PKS Awareness Day in Michigan and beyond...
....Was a huge success. Nearly 300 t-shirts were sold around the US and the world! Check out some of our families.
The Barclays from Canada
Ela from Slovenia
The Schmidts and friends in Minnesota
Can you please help by doing one or both of the following?
Putting a "Pennies for PKS" cannister in your home, school or place of business?
Collect change for the month of December; it's amazing how quickly that adds up!!
We hope that next year PKS Awareness Day will be world-wide.
1. You do NOT have to live in Michigan to help. I can send you logos, etc to put on a canister or cup!
2. HS or College students! See how many people in your school you can get to wear this awesome shirt on December 3rd or 4th!
3. OR hold a contest trying to get the most donations in your school!!!
You may make a general donation using this button.